Saturday, October 28, 2006

Polly was telling me about a park near our house. She said it was the "the best park she had ever been to in her life!". What with her being about 29 years old and the amount of parks she MUST have seen in all that time..I knew this was going to be cool. We stopped by Burger King to load the boys up with nutrition prior to unleashing all hell and playfull fury on this place.
Here they are ...bulking up prior to the days events.














Let it be known that Valerie was invited and declined to RSVP on account that this was "for children". Valerie is very, very mature for 13 and this is not something she is in to.

We first hit the old train. They have a boxcar accross from the caboose that is choc full of meaningful text and profound writ all over the walls. However, because of the nature of some of the writings and the posibilities of copyright enfringement..here is a picture of the caboose end with the boys looking down as it zooms through the mountains at 500 miles per hour!!

The park itself is actually ...awesome. It was built with a 2 to 7 year old mentality. The steps are smaller than usual and all the cubbies that they can climb into are miniature...I know this because I got stuck a few times following after them as they proceeded to shout for me to hurry up.
"Get out of my picture KID, I'm on an adventure with my sons PUNK"..... I almost had to take him down, I mean ...WHO RUNS LIKE THAT, anyway!?!?!?














Here's the boys carefully navigating the obsticle course.







....gloom....and.....doom....





Here is Jonathan looking up the tire hole. My sons are awesome, if for no reason other than that they are curious little suckers....3 seconds later a 3 year old girl popped out of the hole....Jonathan contemplated using a line on her and instead decided go have a slide. Jacob on the other hand is quite the ladies man. We can't go anywhere without him striking up a conversation with some dame. It never lasts though. He doesn't have transportation.

That's if for the park. Tonght were going to the "Enchanted Maze", only this time with hay...not corn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the days when at a park everything was so massive and exciting. I can't wait for more pics.